Ongoing Sponsored Research
- Integration of Facility Location and Layout of
Intermodal Transportation System with Scheduling,
TÜBİTAK 1001, 2007-2008, Principal Investigator: C.
Oğuz, Co-investigators: M. Türkay and M. Cancı.
Funding: 71,577 YTL ($51,126).
- Workforce Planning for Call Centers, TÜBİTAK
1001, 2006-2008; Principal Investigator: E. L.
Örmeci; Investigators: D. Aksen, A. Erdem (Boğaziçi
Üniversity), F. S. S. Salman, S. Savaş.
- Vendor Selection Under Product Assortment And
Inventory Considerations, KÜMPEM, Metin Türkay.
- Forecasting Demand for SKUs in a Grocery Retail
Chain, KÜMPEM, 2006-2007, Co-Principal
Investigators: Serpil Sayın, Özden GÜr Ali.
- Mining the GIS data for Retail Location
Decision, KÜMPEM, 2006-2008, Co-Principal
Investigators: Özden Gür Ali, Serpil Sayın.
- Stochastic Network Optimization Methods with
Applications in Disaster Management, TÜBITAK Career
Award, May 1, 2006 - May 1, 2011, F. S. Salman.
- Mission-Based Component Testing, TÜBİTAKGrant
106M044, 2006 - 2009, Principal Investigator:
- A point-of-sale based method for estimation of
product substitution rates and inventory control
under stock-out based substitution, TÜBİTAK 1001,
Barış Tan, Selçuk Karabatı.
- TÜBİTAK 2219: Research Fellowship, Barış Tan.
- Modeling and analysis of RFID technology within
the supply chain, KÜMPEM, Principal
Investigator: Barış Tan.
- The Set of Supported Efficient Solutions as a
Representation of the Efficient Set, TÜBİTAK 1002,
2006-2007, Serpil Sayın.
- Using Support Vector Machines to Learn the
Efficient Set in Multiple Objective Discrete
Optimization, KÜMPEM Project, 2005-2006, Serpil
Sayın and Haldun Aytuğ (University of Florida).
- Advanced Planning and Optimization Software
Development Project-supported by a software vendor,
Principal Investigator: Metin Türkay.
- Vendor Selection under Product Assortment and
Inventory Considerations, KÜMPEM, 2004-2006,
Co-Principal Investigators: F. Karaesmen, S. Salman,
- Flexibility Design and Optimization in Service
Systems, KÜMPEM, Co-Principal Investigators:
O. Z. Akşin, F. Karaesmen, E. L. Örmeci.
- Cross-Selling in Call Centers: Accounting for
Customer Reactions, KÜMPEM, Co-Principal
Investigators: O. Z. Akşin, E. D. Güneş, E. L.
- Collaborative Supply Chain Management,
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Japan, March
1, 2002-February 28, 2003, Metin Türkay.
- Logistics Modeling and Optimization, Mitsubishi
Chemical Corporation, Japan, March 1,
2001-February 28, 2002, Metin Türkay.
- Global Optimization of Transferable Molecular
Step Potential Functions, TÜBITAK-NSF Joint Project,
25 August 2004-24 August 2006, Principal
Investigators: Richard J. Elliott (University
of Akron), Metin Türkay, Mehmet Çamurdan (Boğaziçi
- Development of Modeling and Optimization Tools
for Hybrid Systems, TÜBITAK-NSF Joint Project,
1 March 2005-1 March 2008, Principal Investigators:
Lorenz T. Biegler (Carnegie Mellon University),
Metin Türkay, Bülent Karasözen(Middle East Technical
- Development Of Mixed-Integer Multi-Objective
Optimization Methods and Application To Supply Chain
Management Strategy In Energy Systems, TÜBITAK
Career Award (104M322), April 1, 2005 - March 31,
2010, Metin Türkay.